Powered by Blogger.

When Life is BUSY!

 Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wow, it's been a long time since my last post! I guess that's a sign that my life has gotten really BUSY! September's here, work is busy again, and all of my other activities have started up again. What have I learned from this? Eating good, home-cooked meals is definitely harder when life is getting in the way, but it is still possible! I'm getting better at planning... making things ahead of time, baking snacks on the weekend so we don't have to grab things when we're out, etc. But... there are definitely days when I just don't want to cook! *sigh* I will admit, though, usually when I get going, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Take today, for example. I didn't have any meals on our plan that I could make ahead of time, but I did want to make almond power bars for the week and cookies for snacks and for when I have company in on Tuesday. I fell asleep on the couch watching TV after lunch and woke up again at around 3. It was hot, I was tired, and I really did NOT feel like doing any baking. But, I dragged myself up off the couch and got started, and it really wasn't bad at all... It took me about 10 minutes to make the power bars, and probably 15 for the cookies (not counting oven time). That's really not so bad. I also managed to clean and do laundry.

An update on the how the switch to organic is going: Overall, good! It's much easier to find organic products than I was expecting, and although they do cost more, I'm okay with that. Plus, not everything costs more, or if it does, the price difference isn't always huge. I am, however, thinking that my theory on eating "real" food equating to weight loss was flawed. I haven't gone to the gym regularly for a few months, so that might also have something to do with my weight gain... and I need to get better at portion control... but there is still lots to be said for eating "real" food that is also healthy! My next step is going to be to find more meals that are healthy and down-size my portions on those that maybe have lots of carbs (we've been eating lots of pasta and potatoes). And maybe I'll just put one cookie in my lunch instead of two. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP